Saturday, April 01, 2006

A thought.

Of all the diseases, in all the world, that I could have developed, little ones and big ones and life changing ones, and life ending ones and life dependant ones....

... Why couldn't I have developed something with just a teeny, tiny, bit more dignity?

I remember being terrified of a smear test, so mortified that someone was going to have to go down there and have a look around, that I didn't go for years and years, not until my mother made me.

The only thing I can equate my attitude to now is how I imagine a woman views these things post childbirth. My dignity is thrown to the winds. Come one, come all. Poke me, prod me, investigate me, violate me, I'll just lie here, staring at the ceiling, and it will all be over soon.

Smear test? Pah!

No comments: