Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just when you thought it was safe to feel good about your job.

They send you to Northumberland, for 6 bloody days.

When the senior bod rang to ask me to go I asked him if he could see glaciers from where he was stood but he declined to laugh, I told him I wasn't joking, he however is equally unhappy at being there so we both just wallowed for a bit in self-pity and bitterness.

I know, this is my job, and I really had no business getting comfortable at a site where I get to go home every day. Things are stirring again, the re-structure which will eventually replace me is starting to kick into gear and I know it's a matter of time before I am back on the road. I just shouldn't have got comfy.

On the upside, I get to meet a whole lot of new hopelessly incompetant people! Each of whom will annoy me slightly more than the last. Today, one of the temps, we'll call him Stuart, because that is his name, starting mindlessly tapping his foot against the desk, what with there being only so long I can stand to hear aimless tapping I eventually snapped:

Me: "Stuart!

Stuart: "What?"

Me: "That's annoying"

The tapping stopped.

The, five minutes later it started again.

Me: "Stuart!"

Suart; "What?"

Me: "It's still annoying"

Stuart: "Yeah, but you didn't say it was my foot so how am I supposed to know what's annoying?"

Me: "Because you just told me it was your foot, so you know that I meant your foot, so stop doing it."

Stuart: "Oh yeah".

Do you think there's even the slightest chance people in Northumberland will be less, oh how do I put this? THICK?

I fear not.

No comments: