Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Email with newly engaged person

Me: Debenhams?

Him: I don't understand! What about Debenhams? Is there a sale? Can I get a reasonably priced non-stick set of frying pans? Explain yourself!

Me: Your wedding list doofus, I got your very beautiful invitation, some very beautiful directions, a very beautiful menu, and a little mini card telling me you were registered at Debenhams. It made me laugh out loud, just can't see you there picking out china patterns... I am going to buy you one spoon, just the one, I may get it engraved, some thing like 'and now I'm off to the shoe department'.

Him: Wedding - oh yeah! Hey did you like the ribbons on the invitations? I tied them myself! Then my lady untied them and rolled her eyes at me. I was well up for Argos myself (Debs is a little too upmarket for my taste) - there's so many beautiful things in the Laminated Book of Dreams.

Me: I particularly enjoyed the ribbons on the invitation, very pretty, my friend Sarah got married last year and she said hand made invitations were such a good idea... then 300 tiny silver hearts later she wanted to kill herself.

No comments: