Friday, October 20, 2006

Italy or bust

After much deliberation, lots of research and a few tears, we have finally decided on a destination for The Hen Weekend To End All Hen Weekends, no Blackpool for us, we are going for the class, after all, why fall on your arse coming out of a cocktail bar in the rainy north when you can fall on your arse coming out of a cocktail bar somewhere just a little bit classier....?

So we discounted Reykjavic, Krakow, Riga, Bucharest, Prague and Budapest and have decided on what is quite possibly the most expensive and excessive of all city breaks - Florence.

I AM SO EFFIN EXCITED.

We are going to sit outside a cafe on a palazzo wearing overly large sunglasses, drinking champagne and talking about the Prada shoes I just bought for three goddam days.

Liz is going to attempt to teach me about classical art, I am going to pretend to learn stuff, then we are going to engage in some serious heavy drinking and forget how to pronounce 'art' while we choose whether to order four cocktails next or play it safe and just have three.

Oh I think I might have to shut myself in a dark room for weeks afterwards because seriously, how do you top that?! Man, I'm going to need some new clothes.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited I had to actually force myself to leave a guidebook in WHSmith at lunchtime. But I did give in to the calling of the brochures... It's all so bloody lovely.

Anonymous said...

I'll get you some of those Cruella DeVille cigarette holders to go with

Anonymous said...

I bet it's not 60p a pint though.