Monday, January 16, 2006

The Great Gym Con

To join LA Fitness on the two for one premium package, you have to pay a month up front (£60), a per person admin charge ( totalling £50) and then pay another month (£60, which you get back when you leave but I'll be damned if I'll pay what is essentially a £60 deposit), so to join would cost us £170.

£170!!!!!!!

So I think we're going to give it a miss and I'll use the local pool and hotel gyms. Because I do not have many hundreds of pounds that I can just hand out to places in return for making me feel rubbish when I don't go.

£170!!!!!!!!!

Aren't these places supposed to sell you this service? Aren't they supposed to tell you you can join for practically nothing and then make money with sort of hidden costs like £1 to use a locker and £5 for a towel and £15 for a gym bag and stuff like that. Because if they did that, but let me join for nothing, I would feel so much better about spending almost £200 on feeling guilty when I don't go, because I wouldn't know that I was spending it.

Criminals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*smile*