Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Overheard

Woman 1: Did you see 'Rebus' the other night'?

Woman 2: No, I liked that series though, with that nice man from
Four Weddings...

1: Oh it's not the man from four weddings anymore, it's the man
from Vice.

2: That's not Rebus

1: Yes, it's the new series, it's a new man playing Rebus

2: He can't be Rebus

1: Yeah, it's a new actor

2: Are you sure he's playing Rebus?

1: (exasperated now) Yes

2: You mean Detective Rebus?

1: Yes

2: 'Rebus' doesn't stand for anything, it's a man called Rebus?

1: Yes! It's the same show with a new actor.

2: I wouldn't like that, I like the man off Four Weddings

1: (who must be wishing she had never started this conversation)
Really? Well he's not in it anymore.

2: He probably is, you're probably thinking of something else.

1: Oh well then I must be... I'm going to the loo.

2: Oh I'll come with you!

1: That's.... grrrrreat.

No comments: