Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When incompatible morning people live together.

On Tuesday morning when the world went back to work, Glenn and I were struggling to get out of bed and deal with the day. We have very different attitudes to getting ready in the morning, I get up about an hour and a half before I have to leave the house, that gives me 45 minutes to get ready and 45 minutes to do lunches, have a cup of tea, throw things in a bag, by the time I leave the house I am calm and awake. Glenn's alarm goes of 45 minutes before he has to leave, he sleeps for another 15 minutes, then spends 30 minutes rushing around like a man posessed and then he runs out of the house but usually in a pretty good mood, we are both strangely mornig people.

Except for yesterday. Yesterday was a baaad day. I was ok, I did what I normally do and I even made his lunch which is practically unheard of, he however was not is a good place, he was in a donotspeaktomeforIamawakewhenIshouldbeasleepwhywhywhyareyoustill
talkingyoucrazyawakepersondon'ttellmeaboutlunchIcouldn'tgiveacrapabout
lunchdidn'tyouhearme?ISHOULDBEASLEEP! So me being awake and organised was the last thing he wanted to be around. Then he couldn't find things and the world crashed on top of his head and he was buried underneath it and no one could hear his screams. I happened to mention that perhaps he would find life easier if he got up just a little bit earlier, like 7 instead of 7.15, then he could have just a bit more time in case of times like this. That was the wrong thing to say. I should have said something like, oh I don't know, something like... NOTHING AT ALL. He shouted something ahout me NOT FUCKING HELPING and then stormed off down the road in a huff. He was a 27 year old little boy in a huff.

So this morning, I got my revenge. I set his alarm for 7am without telling him. and I chuckled, yes chuckled to myself in the kitchen when I heard him get in the shower at 7.06, and I giggled in the car as I imagined him all ready at 7.25 and then he rang me;

G: Where are you?

H: On the motorway?

G: Left a bit early didn't you?

H: Trying to beat the traffic.

G: Uh, did you set my alarm earlier?

H: Nooooo....

G: You bloody liar!

H: Now why would I lie about something like that?

G: Well I'm all ready but I've got like, half an hour before I have to leave the house!

H: But look at how relaxed you are!

G: I'M NOT RELAXED WOMAN! I COULD HAVE HAD AN EXTRA HALF AN HOUR IN BED!

H: But you can do things now! Like have a cup of tea and..... uh.... other stuff....

G: You are a control freak.

H: Well, I'll see you later then! Ok! Love you!

G: Weird control freak! That's what you are!

H: Bye! Love you! Bye!

Now he is threatening to set my alarm for 4.30am tomorrow morning in an attempt to get me back, but I am the winner! I win! He is a LOSER! And I am the WINNER! I am the Queen! Yes! Yes I am!

No comments: