Monday, July 10, 2006

Remember what I said about a lack of dignity.....?

Got a letter from the hospital on Saturday, I have to have a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy on Thursday, as in this Thursday, I'm going to let you look that up to see what it is because the act of explaining it makes me feel sick.

I can choose whether or not to be sedated, can't make up my mind about that yet;

no sedation = 20 minutes of what looks to me like torture,

sedation = 24hr recovery period, can't go to work on Friday, can't drive, am miserable.

See if you can find some song lyrics about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound horrible. At the risk of sounding predictable if theres anything we can do for you this week (like walk and feed Glenn if you're going to be in overnight) let us know. I have noted your other request and am trying to sort it out today (taps finger on nose).

Anonymous said...

To the tune of John Denver's "Country Roads" (chorus):

Rectal [G] probe, take it [D] slow,
Please don't [Em] puncture my [C] behind,
Virgin [G] anus, I'm so [D] sorry,
Take it [C] slow, rectal [G] probe.

Joking aside, I'm sure you''ll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do
Nowhere to go
I Wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair
And get me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh no oh no

The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated