Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Telephone conversation with my mother, calling from the pool side at her villa dans la Spain.

First of all she spoke to Glenn and all I heard was;

Glenn: “Hello… Oh hi!... You alright? You’re having a nice time then?... Yeah I bet it is… URGH! Oh that’s just… I mean… Talk to Hannah, talk to Hannah”

So he passed the phone to me with a face like he’d just cleared the gunk out of the drain on the patio.

Me: Hi

Mum: Hello, it’s Mummy, how are you?

Me: I’m well thank you, are you having a nice time?

Mum: Yes, it’s beautiful here, and I’ve just told Glenn that your father is naked in the swimming pool.

Me: URGH! Mum! Well no wonder he’s having to hold back the wretching… Mum! We’ve got to get into that pool next week!!

Mum: Oh don’t worry, it gets cleaned every morning, and the filter system is on.

Me: I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WHY THE FILTER SYSTEM IS IMPORTANT WHILE MY FATHER IS NAKED IN A SWIMMING POOL.

Mum: hee hee….

No comments: