Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I don't ever say it enough.

My parents are the kind of people who have never been handed anything. Everything they have they worked their arses off to get and the vast majority of the time they have done it for me and my sister.

This is a photo of the villa they have, where we just spent a wonderful week, and where they are going to spend many happy years retiring to.

Every single thing you see in this picture was paid for with blood, sweat and tears, I mean they don't work down the mines or anything but my mom is a nurse (blood), my dad is overweight with a Chandler Bing type of job (sweat) and they have both enjoyed many a screaming row during during the last 30 years (tears).

Seriously though, just for one tiny minute, I'm not great at telling my parents I love them, or how proud I am of them, or any of that sort of stuff, so I wanted to put out there, on the internet that neither of them really knows how to use, just in case one day they stumble on it, that if I can achieve half of what they have, I'll be very happy.

And thank you.

No comments: