Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What would yours be?

One of my girlfriends from Uni has come up with an amazing present idea for all of us girls. She has asked us to email her with our favourite two songs of all time and she is going to compile them into a CD and send us all a copy for Christmas.

How cool is that?

So I've been thinking and thinking and thinking and there are too many to boil them down to just two! I currently have a shortlist of about 30 and am trying to eliminate based on how often I can play them without getting bored.

So my question is - What would you put and why? It's got to be based on not just the musical merits of said songs, your favourite songs might be absolutely awful but remind you of something so absolutely fabulous that happened to you that you will always love them.

Come on, this is supposed to be all interactive 'n shit, so interact.

That means you too Glenys.

NB: I'm not going to steal anybody elses, I have plenty of my own, I'm just curious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After far FAR too much time spent on this, drawing up a shortlist of 30, then realising I had to dramatically increase the shortlist because I had included absolutely no Green Day songs (yea I know!), then I had to write them all down and pit them against each other in a tournament and put them in a table akin to the one at the end of Karate Kid......

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Foo Fighters - All My Life

...and it breaks my heart that Nirvana 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and Green Day 'Welcome To Paradise' got beat in the semis.

Mark said...

Primal Scream - Velocity Girl
The Fall - And This Day

DYSWIDT etc.

Anonymous said...

After much thought and list-making, I gave up on list making and chose these:

The Fall - Dr Buck's Letter
Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

Honourable mentions go to Tubular Bells and any track off that Jesus and Mary Chain album that's drenched in the sound of an electric drill; the former because it's so long that no-one else could have any music on the CD, and the latter because it's completely unlistenable and would annoy everyone who got a copy of the disc.

Anonymous said...

Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song: Because if prozac doesnt help then this will.

Rage Against The Machine - Freedom: Because its the only song to acknowledge that "Anger is a Gift"...and I'm right there with it.

Not that I live in complete relaxation or complete anger or anything ;)