Friday, February 15, 2008

Conversation with my father.

Me: I can't do this, I can't, this is too much, this is too hard, I can't do it.

Dad: Yes you can darling

Me: I can't, you don't understand

Dad: You can

Me: I can't! There is nothing in me that can do this, nothing, I don't have it, whatever it is, it's not there, I can't do it.

Dad: Yes you can, you are the Hannah I know and love, you are stronger than this

Me: I'm not

Dad: Yes you are, now I want you to throw your shoulders back, look in a mirror and shout "I'm not taking any shit!"

Me: But I.. What?

Dad: I'm not taking any shit!

Me: Dad I can't say that

Dad: Yes you can! Say it!

Me: I can't say that word in front of you

Dad: Say it!

Me: I...

Dad: Say it!

Me: I'm not taking any shit!

Dad: There, doesn't that feel better

Me: Weird, not better

Dad: Weird is better.

Me: Dad, I love you.

Dad: Yeah, yeah, now go and give 'em hell.

No comments: