Friday, February 22, 2008

Trying

There comes a point where you have to admit to not being able to do something alone. I have the most wonderful and supportive friends and they are as kind and as caring as anyone could ask anyone to be, but all I do is drain them. They have run out of words and I have hit a brickwall.

I went to see my GP, several people advised me to do this, after an incident at work which led to me being gently urged to take some time off, I thought it was time to admit defeat and go. I talked to her about the events of the last three weeks and about the events of the last three years. She agreed that whilst I have hit a spectacular low because of what happened two weeks and three days ago, things have been building up for quite a while.

There was a long conversation, there was a lot of crying (from me obviously), her head tilted to the side in a way that made me want to shake her.

She recommended running, apparently I should start running, had I thought about getting a dog? What about a long walk? Some exercise classes? I asked her how a person who barely sleeps or eats is supposed to get through an exercise class. She said "hmmmmm".

She gave me a website called www.livinglifetothefull.com which has given me a score of between 11 to 15 for anxiety and depression, this means it is 'affecting my life' and recommends I talk to my GP. Seriously.

I keep asking people how he is, what he's doing, which isn't fair. I just miss him so much, so very, very much.

I've run out of words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Medication can help. Helped me a little.
www.flickr.com/photos/terry/66720194
I didn't find counselling all that helpful. Or the jogging. But we're all different. Reading's good (as in books, not the place).