Thursday, November 10, 2005

...and the story is...

... that I wanted to get a hideous and cheap wedding dress, chuck it around in the garden, die it with tea and go as the corpse bride, but for some reason, hideous and cheap wedding dresses are really hard to find.

So I ended up getting a hideous bridesmaids dress (circa 1982) from a charity shop for the bargain price of £2 (I washed it so it didn't have that dubious charity shop smell don't worry) and then ripped it up a bit, sewed some spiders on it, stuck some fake wounds on myself and here is the end result:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mochinbach/60013668/

(because I don't know how to do that thing where you have 'and here is the end result' in a different colour because it is in itself the link)

The back story to the costume is that I am a bridesmaid who was on her way home from the wedding and was attacked by a particularly lust fueled Vampire (hence the odd, nipple type bite wounds stuck on my neck that you can't see because, for a long dead Vampire, I have very shiny hair) and now I walk the streets at night, searching for my next victim, furious not just because of the fact that I am now a Vampire myself, but because I am consigned to an eternity in the worst bridesmaids dress ever to be forced upon creation....

Then, about halfway through the night, after explaining this story, some smart arse said 'but I don't get the spiders', so then I was just Zombie Bridesmaid.

I think it was the fourth Halloween party of Moch and LOF's that I have been to, it was the first one I actually got a costume for and no, I will not be doing it to myself again.

(And what the fuck is it with the double chin? Seriously, did the fat just work its way up to my face for one night only or is that what I actually look like because if it is, you have permission to shoot me just as soon as you are able)

No comments: