Monday, December 12, 2005

FOOS!!

Bonjour,

This morning I am writing to you from my study, no, sorry, I am writing to you from the games room (I was reprimanded on Saturday night for INSISTING ON CALLING IT THE STUDY WHEN WE HAD AN AGREEMENT AND IF I DON'T CALL IT THE GAMES ROOM HE WILL MOVE OUT SO HELP HIM), because I have the day off, days off are lovely, yesterday was a tremendous day made all the better by my waking up and knowing that it was not the last morning I could sleep in for a week, I had a whole other day to sleep in, ah lovely sleep.

Last night I full filled one of the things I have to do before I die and I saw Dave Grohl, there he was, stood right there, in the same room as me. (I know that there were about 10,000 other people there and that the room was the NEC, but stay with me) I was there, and he was there, and he was with the other Fighters that Foo and they were AWESOME. Just incredibly, totally brilliant.

They were supported by The Futureheads, who were very tight, a little repetitive, but I could not fault their tightness, as Glenn said, they were clearly brought up on a strict diet of The Clash, but hell, could be worse. I would say that on a summers day, they would make a more than adequate festival band, and that with a beer in hand, I could happily pass an hour listening to them.

But the Foo's (I can call them that because I know them now), they were stupendous, and the 15 year old inside me who was obsessed with Nirvana nearly passed out last night when he went a-drummin'.

So this morning, it's my day off and I am listening to Hey. Johnny Park and remembering how last night, Dave Grohl, Genius, sang this song only for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was stood there, watching them rock, and for a moment our eyes met and we connected. The former grunge, now alternative rock legend that is Dave Grohl and I met each others gaze accross a very crowded and large room And lore there was mutual respect between entertainer and paying punter for what we both represent to each other.

Then Hannah pointed out he was clearly looking at her.