Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm Into Something Good - Herman's Hermits.

I have developed a new passion, rather like the way one of my colleagues is obsessed with the 'FWD' function in Outlook (LEARN YOUR FUCKING JOB YOU WASTE OF SPACE WHO IS PAID TWICE AS MUCH AS ME, I AM NOT YOUR BITCH), I have become enamoured with the 'Shuffle' function my Ipod.

I've heard people say that it's the one one function they never use, the humble Ipod is not a DJ, or a (searching for a word which describes a person who knows a lot about music... searching.... searching... finally settling on...) person who knows a lot about music, so you end up with a bizarre combination of tracks. There is possibly a way of selecting a category but I haven't got there yet, I have only just bought something to make it work in my car. I think it's great though, for the simple reason that it forces me to accidently come across music I never knew I had, I get 6 or 7 seconds into a track and I'm thinking, 'What IS this? When on earth did I buy THIS?' only to realise it's off a compilation CD that Glenn bought a few years back like 'Music to Watch Girls By', or 'The Sixties', but that's half the fun, I know I like all of it so it's like a little treasure trove I can dip into every so often to find something shiny and new.

I got tagged the other day, one of those list things you have to do; 'four jobs I have had', 'four foods I like to eat', and there was 'four things I can't live without'. I hadn't at that time got anything to make it work in my car so my Ipod was turning into a giant waste of money sat in my house and there was no reason to make it part of the list (also not part of the list was, uh, Glenn, yep, listed my mobile but not my boyfriend, I was not popular that night) but I think it will eventually sit pretty high on the list...

Four things I can't live without:

1. GLENN (are you HAPPY now?)
2. My family
3. My lovely, lovely friends
4. Mobile

Wow, four things does not leave you with much wriggle room, there's LOADS of stuff I can't live without....

5. Ipod.
6. Toilet paper
7. A toilet
8. my bed
9. my mums bread and butter pudding
10. My new bathroom floor, it makes me so happy. In the morning when I'm in the shower, I just sneak a peak around the shower screen and there it is, all new and on the floor - happiness is... grey slate tile effect laminate flooring, I just want to sit on it and stroke it all day, rather like what I would like to do to Johnny/Jake/David, but with the floor I actually can...

No comments: