Monday, May 08, 2006

NYC - Day Four


I should explain now that these diary entries were usually written over coffee the morning after the day I was writing about. This explains why Day Four is so short, because the night of Day Four was spent in a club in the meat packing destrict, and in Manhatten there are no such things as measures, they practise 'free pouring', which is genius, until the morning after.... So the morning of Day Five, when I wrote the following, was very unpleasant...

St Particks Day Parade - 150,000 people marching, Glenn Hearts Cheerleaders, V. Cold, V. Boring, Posh Americans claiming dubious Irish ancestry v. drunk...

Metropolitan Museum of Art - American Art, more modern art (Klimt, Klee, Picasso, Warhol!), had tour, very good, Frank Lloyd Wright room coooool.

Thai food - Yum

Irish bar in East Village - guiness, more yum.

went to some bars and club in Meat Packing Destrict (lotus) - no measures, free pouring, I really want to die right now.

That's it, that's all I wrote, I was in a very bad way the next day, I really want to tell this story though, when we were in Lotus, Glenn and Richard went to check out the upstairs and Catherine and I were chatting downstairs. Within seconds this guy comes over and starts asking us where we're from and can he have our 'cell phone number' (ha! so cool!), I glance up to a balcony and see Glenn and Richard watching us, they're stood next to two girls. Catherine spots them and we start sort of milking this guy's attention to wind the boys up, so Glenn says to the girl next to him "see those girls down there?" she says "yes", he says "they're our girlfriends", she nods, he says "can you wave at them for us?", she says "I think you should wave at them yourself!", he says "well you're no fucking help are you? Thanks for nothing".

Ever the charmer, the moral of the story; Free Pouring, at first it seems like a bargain, but there is a heavier price to pay than cash....

No comments: