Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wherein I throw my toys out of the pram with such force my boss spins around and around and around and around and around.

Yesterday I did the previously unthinkable and I said no to my boss, this has come at no small personal cost to my dignity as despite mentally chanting “be professional, be professional, be professional”, all sense of pride left me and I cried down the phone like a child. To which he said this;

“…………………………….riiiiiiiiiight…………….. I’ll call you back”.

And then he didn’t call me back for another seven hours, he emailed me back and basically said no was not an option, so I called someone else and, despite mentally chanting “pull yourself together, pull yourself together, pull yourself together”, I managed to cry again.

Oh dignity, you have left me, I have now lost the label of Hannah who will go anywhere and do anything and must now live with being Hannah who will go most places and do certain things but not others and will cry if you try and make her.

Wow, I didn’t know I was capable of such wanton career sabotage, turns out, I totally am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be worse. if you had told him to go fuck himself, which I'm sure is what you were thinking, then surely thats worse career sabotage??

Mochinbach said...

Woo HOo! Celebrate!!

My suggestion would be to sarcastically suggest he sends you to Australia and then secretly cross your fingers.

GET A NEW JOB
!


:)

ManInOz said...

I cried once when somebody tried to make me do something I didn't want to.