Monday, September 24, 2007

Eight Legged Freaks

Why is it that you can go months and months without seeing a single spider, and then, out of nowhere, there are spiders the size of dinner plates in your bath. There they are every morning, but you never get used to them, so every morning, and every evening, I walk into the bathroom, glance around and then THERE IT IS, bloated, hairy and sitting in my bath, or in the sink, or, as Glenn found once, attached to the towel hanging from the cabinet, oh the screaming.

So if it's evening, I can just shout for Glenn, like this; "GLENNGLENNGLENNGLENNFUCKINGSPIDERINTHEBATHGETITGETITGETIT!"

However, this morning, it was 5am and I didn't really want to wake him, so, bravely, I grabbed the shower head from the wall and blasted the hideous beast down the drain. I left the room to get something, I returned and HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK I watched it crawl back out of the drain. I had left the shower head in the bath though, oh stupid me, so I had to pick it back up from it's position directly next to the spider and blast said spider back down the drain, I left the shower on and stepped into the bath, I washed my hair and showered and I never took my eyes off the drain.

It's not fooling me twice, evil spawn.

Any idea's about how to get rid of them for good? Remembering that we're not in Australia so while it is true that these spiders pose no threat to my continued existence, neither can we call exterminator type bodies to kill them off.

1 comment:

ManInOz said...

Hey Span,

Being of the spider hating crew also, I have found from experience you have two paths to choose from:

- Dark: The spiders are dirty little bastards, so if you spot one treat him to a boiling water bath followed by some strong bleach. Then if your feeling particularly spiteful, piss on it! (Hey it worked for the Romans!)

- Light: The spiders are direct descendants of mother earth, a gem one might say. Every spider is sacred, so tumble the little fella into a container and pop him outside.

Choose wisely :P

PS: I have tried both, and the pissing part is particularly satisfying!