Monday, September 17, 2007

Something to celebrate

So.... My sister passed her driving test! Woo Hoo! And before anyone says "it's about bloody time", we're not going to look at the negative, we're going to emphasise the positive. She passed first time, with no minor faults, and she's the proud owner of a little fiesta, which she will now use to terrorise the nation.

She arrived at my house at about 9pm, in aforementioned fiesta, on the brink of tears:

Me: what's the matter?

Her: Oh my god, oh my god! The light's on the car don't work, I mean they work but they're not bright enough, they don't light anything up! I just drove here in the dark and I nearly pulled over on the dual carriageway because I couldn't see anything! Thought I was going to die, I nearly called you, oh god, I have to get home in that thing, bloody hell, I can't believe I've bought it and the light's don't work properly!

Me: The light's aren't bright enough.

Her: I just said that!

Me: How many turns did you make on the stalk when you turned them on?

Her: I DON'T KNOW!

Me: Because if it was just one, I think I know what the problem is...

And yes, she'd only got the sidelights on, but hey! We learnt something from his, we learnt that a person can pass their test with no knowledge of how to operate headlights.

We also learnt that we should avoid black fiesta's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And when I suggested to people that maybe part of a driving test should be taken at night they said I was mad. Ah, vindication!