Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Email to Oz

Hello gorgeous!

Glenn is scouting backpacks, he wants a backpack with wheels (I WONDER WHERE HE GOT THAT IDEA FROM??!!), and he's just bought a 6 man tent because we're off to a party next weekend that we have to camp for, I wanted to hire a VW camper but he decided, in that manly way, that we just needed a bigger tent. I think we need a bigger tent and some sort of bungalow but I have been outvoted. Maybe a six person tent will be better, cross your fingers...

Have I told you how much he loves the hat? I think I did but just in case, HE REALLY LOVES THE HAT, he was wearing it while he ate a curry and little bit splashed up onto the hat and I thought he was going to have a heart attack, the hat recovered nicely but I think he learnt a lesson in when it is appropriate to where the hat and when it is not; Australian outback? Yes... Birmingham curry house? No...

And you're all packed! How exciting! not long to go now, in fact there is 9 weeks until we leave the miserable old UK, I know because I have a count down in my diary, 9 weeks until Hong Kong, and Australia, and me dragging you to bridal shops and making you try on the most revolting dresses in the shop BECAUSE I CAN. At leat Ant is going to make it feel like a holiday again, and the weather sounds like it's hotting up! It's just getting colder here, shouldn't complain though, think of all the starving children in africa, they'd give anything for a bit of drizzle.

Yeah, we haven't booked anything yet, lots of time though, but we really should do it, it'll be November before we know it and if we miss the boat we'll be furious...

I have to go to the British Masters Golf Tournament at the Belfry on Saturday, Glenn got free tickets from work, they're supposed to be £139 each and I've been told I should be very excited but... It's fucking golf d'you know what I mean? Unless you can think of any hot golfers I can perve at while swigging the free champagne from the tournament sponsors (MOET!! YES!!) in inappropriate heels (and I think I want that entire last sentance on my tombstone please), then I'm stuffed. Just keep thinking about the champagne tent... and the Pimms tent... and the gin tent...

I'll get over the PM business, one day they'll see the light but as someone said to me while I was having a moan about it, if they pay peanuts then they'll get monkey's, so hopefully they employed some 19yr old for 15k and right about now they're crying softly and whispering my name...

I had my appraisal yesterday and I totally rock, the word my boss used was 'exemplary', so I am appreciated, I'm researching a masters that I want to do that they might pay for if I put together a business case and I have asked for a payrise, you don't ask you don't get!
I still have little surprise for you pair at home, got them all now, I just need to remember to POST THEM, you know what I'm like though, useless!!

Love and miss you, give a sloppy kiss to cousin IT for me.

Hxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 days and counting! Woo!

Mochinbach said...

LOL..., I've read that somewhere before... It was a brilliant email though ;)

s
x