Wednesday, October 17, 2007

grumble grumble grumble....

Two things I always wanted:

1. An office of my own, with my name on the door and a pretty view.
2. A super great smart phone pda type thingummy so I could pick up emails/check stuff and generally be touch with everything all the time.

Two things which are hugely over-rated:

1. Having an office of your own with your name on the door and a pretty view, it means that:
a) people know where you are, and they come and find you.
b) the rest of the time you're just in a room on your own, and that's not fun.
c) the pretty view turns out to be code for 'can't open the window because the air outside smells of manure'.

2. A super great smart phone pda type thingummy that means you can pick up emails/check stuff and generally be touch with everything all the time, because:
a) You're in touch with everything, all the time, whoever though that would be a good idea?! When my boss sends me emails at 7.20pm on a Saturday, I know about it, when my boss sends me emails at 1.30am on a Tuesday, I KNOW ABOUT IT.
b) when you do receive an email, and you're at your desk, your phone beeps, and then your PC beeps, giving you the distinct impression that the technology in the room is shouting at you.
c) And then, because of all the sodding applications on the bloody phone, it runs out of battery power roughly 20 minutes after you've charged it.

Having a miserable afternoon, can you tell?

No comments: