Tuesday, October 16, 2007

When sleep is not enough

Last week I lost my Sat Nav, I realised I had lost it when the M40 was closed and I had to use a map, A MAP, to get home, 4 hours later and I was like a refried bean, grey and mushy. I phoned the hotel I had stayed in last week and sure enough, someone had found it on the floor of the third floor corridor and handed it in. There are good people in the world still.

This week I lost my car key, I realised I had lost it when about to exit my hotel room this morning, I spent 20 minutes on the floor of the hotel room searching, only to be informed by the same receptionist who had given me back the Sat Nav that I had left it on the check in desk the previous evening.

She said I looked tired, I had a look in the mirror and yes, clearly the highlighter is no longer working, it needs a wing man, I must invest in some touche eclait and a hair cut, and I should drink more water.

Either that, or the parts of my brain that control not losing things, and the parts of my brain that control not looking 50 when you are 26, are conspiring against me. I'm not sure what touche eclait can do about that....

2 comments:

Mochinbach said...

Losing things? Welcome to my world! I do that all the time. People are forever coming up to me with the college master key i left by the kettle, on the floor, next to a computer etc. Thank god it has my name badge attached to it! lol.

As for looking 50... don't be silly now! You're coming to Oz in a matter of weeks! That'll take years off you - you'll be at leasy 42 by the time you return and then you'll have me to put up with again!! moah ha ha ha ha! ;)
xxx

Anonymous said...

All those ha's make you sound like a mad person.

LOM