Thursday, April 28, 2005

It's ok, you can come back now, I'm much calmer

Well wasn't yesterdays post a little bit dramatic? I was proper angry, but it's ok because a friend told me I was stylish and pretty and man, once the ego's been stroked I am back in the game! It's all going to be ok, she's got bad hair and I have pashmina's in three different colours.

So Glenn has been asking me to write about Saturday night and I suppose I should because it was his night, but to be honest, all the good stuff that happened happened around Saturday night. The ceremony itself was a little... urm... dull? Sorry honey if you're reading this but you know as well as I do that an award ceremony featuring such mind numbingly boring awards as 'Best Rental Catalogue 2005' can only hold a persons interest for so long before they start fantasising about ripping the pages out of the aforementioned award winning catalogue and making missiles out of them to throw at people as they head to the bar.

The champagne reception was good, well, it was good once we left the actual reception and went down to the hotel bar. The food was very nice, the man with the bag pipes was very loud (somewhat obviously), but the wine wasn't free which is a big negative. The best part of the actual ceremony was watching all these people get so very excited about winning an award, it's like there is a whole world of people whose lives revolve around the hire industry - I didn't even know such an industry existed until I met Glenn! But then I suppose I work in a world where Management Information Systems are as important as the air we breathe so I can't judge. The second best bit of the ceremony was seeing Sally trying to reign her giant kahoona boobs back into her dress (she had a baby 11 months ago and is still reaping the boob rewards), they were so fabulous, totally worth having a baby for. In fact I might just have a baby, give said baby to my sister and then just enjoy the giant kahoona boobs I get - actually I could just have a boob job, I wouldn't even have to have a baby then... hmmm... worth some thought, very definately worth some thought......

The evening ended in the hotel bar at about 4.00am, I was off my face and man, it felt so good. It was that awesome stage of drunkness all good drunks aspire to, the one where your face actually aches because you've been laughing that hard, and the greatest triumph of the night has to that I did not fall asleep!! I was so proud of me and I think you should be to. Yes, more ego stroking please, validate me, we like that.

No comments: