Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Like that scene in Home Alone, only Glenn is the screaming mother and I am the bored teenage son

This weeekend, Glenn I went to Edinburgh for his companies annual award ceremony. We flew up on Friday afternoon (and darling, flying is the only way to travel). Because we were only getting a domestic flight we didn't really pay that much attention to the time, so we checked our bags in and went to the bar for a few drinks. Two beers and some fudge cake later and we hear 'DING DONG, this is the final call for passengers blah, blah, blah, Davis and Keilloh, who have failed to board flight blah blah, please make your way to departure gate blah for take off'. I have never seen Glenn panic quite like it, we flew through the airport, bags flying this way and that, he nearly decapitated a little girl as he barged his way through the security check point, shouting behind him 'SORRY! BUT THEY'VE CALLED OUR NAME!' he payed no attention to where I was except for an occasional 'HANNAH! ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT?! THEY'VE CALLED OUR NAME!!' well I was walking behind him (I refuse to panic). The thing is, he was running, I was walking, he was barging through crowds, I was apologising to the poor souls left in his wake as I followed, and yet somehow, when I got to the gate, it was at least another minute before he got there.......

No comments: