Monday, October 03, 2005

An appeal....

I need to take up some kind of sport. Hopefully two kinds of sport really, to relieve the monotony. Now the weather is getting a bit rubbish, my already non existent motivation needs something to up the ante so I am appealing for someone, anyone, of my lovely, wonderful and helpful friends to recommend some way for me to do it.

Now this has to be cheap, and I have to keep it up. It's not specifically a weight loss thing (although that would be nice), it's also a fitness thing, I'm 24 for gods sake and I get out of breath running up the stairs. Having never done any exercise willingly in my life before and not being able to afford gym membership, I need something which I can do in or near my house, that I can also do while I'm away from home and that I will be able to keep up long after the novelty has worn off.

Does anyone want to be my personal trainer? You'll get your rewards in heaven....!

But seriously, cheap and easy suggestions please, and no smart arse comments about sex. I already know that one......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

run a pilates dvd on your laptop in your hotel room

Anonymous said...

As you can't play dvd's on your laptop then swimming sounds good to me.

SpanAir said...

Right, suggestion 1 - I cannot afford gym membership, have no money to pay for it, suppose I could offer gym sexual favours in return for membership, but have sneaky feeling they won't be all that keen.

suggestion 2 - Very good, has drawback though, in the shape of....

suggestion 3 - Had forgotten cannot play DVD's on laptop, must investigate why not..... swimming all well and good when at home by the way Glenn (we all know who you are, why always anonymous?) but what happens when I'm away.....? Not all hotels have pools.

Seems to me that running is the best option so far, as can take advantage of hotel gym when there is one, or actually leave hotel grounds (oooh, never usually do that, controversial...), and have large park right by house for when at home which can supplement with swimming when weather just so awful cannot face being outside.

Should possibly change this section from 'comments' to 'essay'....

Anonymous said...

Who's Glenn?

Anonymous said...

And how do you spell his surname? :/