Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Not Random Photo

Glenn and I spent the Valentines Day weekend in London this year. He organised the hotel room and I got tickets to see 'The Producers' with Lee Evans.

I booked the tickets in November and when I did, the lady at the box office said, 'if you want to come and see the show in a couple of weeks, there are cancellations for a preformance featuring Nathan Lane and Lee Evans'. I told her that I was sorry but I didn't know who Nathan Lane was and that seeing the show Valentines Day weekend was more important, she said it was the first time she'd heard of anyone not caring about seeing the show with this Nathan Lane person in it since the show opened and laughed.

So I booked the tickets but couldn't help but wonder who Nathan Lane was, why I apparently should have been desperate to see him and why the name was strangely familiar.....

So I looked him up on imdb.com and it turns out that Nathan Lane...

'Won two Tony Awards as Best Actor (Musical): in 1996 for playing Pseudolus in a revival of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum;" and in 2001 for playing Max Bialystock in "The Producers, the new Mel Brooks musical." He was also nominated in the same category in 1992 for playing Nathan Detroit in a revival of "Guys and Dolls."

...and that he has just completed the film version starring Uma Thurman.

I don't know who the hell played Max Bialystock when we saw it.

I suppose it was nice seeing it on Valentines Day.

Anyway, thought this was a nice photo. It was a beautiful day when we went on the eye. The weekend around Valentines is the busiest day of the year for it and they tried to get rid of people by saying there was a 3 hour wait but we were on it within half an hour.

No comments: