Monday, May 16, 2005

Cats or People? Pigs or People? Sheep or Pigs?

At 6.30am today I was eating my Special K and skimmed milk (might as well be bacon and eggs for all the good it does me) and I switched on the TV to take my mind off the taste of crispy cardboard, when I noticed a cartoon that would have baked Tom Strarkey's noodle.

It was set on a sheep farm, all the sheep had human faces, stood upright and could talk, and they were trying to stay awake all night. I was trying to figure out why they were attempting to stay up all night when the scene cut to the farmhouse with the farmer making his son Special K and skimmed milk (probably) and then I noticed - THE FARMER WAS A PIG.

He was a pig, and his son was a pig, they had human faces, stood upright and could talk. The little pig boy (perhaps called Tinker....?) went to see his friend on his way to school... and Lo! His boyhood chum was a cow!

I don't understand how a children's cartoon which is on at 6.30am, BEFORE HI-FIVE (which I LOVE!) can have such logic - How did they decide which animal would be the farmed one? What if the sheep are capable of being sentient beings with excellent farming capabilities?! Who decides the hierarchy? WHO IS THE EMPEROR?

This is all Tom Starkey's fault, I used to love cartoons.

1 comment:

Tom said...

But you see, it goes much deeper than that medear! Have a look at
shamboyc.blogspot.com for further details (and a bunch of other useless meanderings by a fella with ever-growing hair!) Love T