Friday, May 20, 2005

I think he likes me

On Sunday of last week, I had a fat day. Now most people know what a fat day is but not many people have a fat day like I have a fat day. All we had to do all day was go into town and get Glenn a pair of trousers for work but after two hours of trying to find something that did not make me look like Blimp Lady from the Planet Fat I collapsed in a heap and announced that I would not be leaving the bedroom or taking off my dressing gown. This doesn't happen very often and I can suppress the monstrous feeling of being Lard Woman for things like work and obligations for friends but when it's just me or just me and him they just take over and I am unable to function with other living beings.

Glenn tried his best and for almost an hour he held me while I cried and pulled various combinations of clothes out of the wardrobe for me to try on, but nothing worked. In the end he very reluctantly went to town on his own after me pleading with him to just leave me alone (PROBABLY TO BE EATEN ALIVE FROM THE INSIDE BY ALL THE FAT), he recognises by now when the dark cloud is just too dense for him to get through.

When he came back he'd brought me the original Star Wars trilogy in a DVD box set to cheer me up, now you might have noticed that we are buying a house and no, we cannot afford the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD. That simple act though, him giving up the little money he has left at the end of the month to buy me something that not only made me smile again but was completely unrelated to the thing that had made me sad in the first place, is the very essence of the reason I love him.

No comments: