Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Love is all you need

I'm finding day to day life quite difficult at the moment, work has exploded, it has gone insane, I feel like any control I had on the reigns has been lost and the horse has bolted. I can't decide whether I am floundering on the grass watching it disappear into the distance or if I am bouncing around on it's back trying to get a grip, I hope it's the latter but I fear it's the former.

That said, it's weirdly exhilerating. I've taken half an hour to write this and have some lunch but other than that it's just non stop, the days are flying by and I'm learning new stuff all the time, it's the evenings on my own in the hotel WHERE THE DAMNED GO TO DIE that's the problem.

NB - Going to fgure out how to post photo's on this bloody thing and I'll post a lovely one of my concrete monolith Holiday Inn.

On Sunday I put all the photographs that have been sitting on the memory card in the camera (Canon Powershot A60) onto my laptop where they will sit until I put them onto a CD, where they will sit until I buy a PC (so sometime around 2009 then). But I had a play with the editing suite thing and managed to create oddly arty pictures, all black and white and grainy, there's one of me where I don't even look like me now, so I could well put it on here. I've just got to figure out things like airbrushing and then I could have a whole load of photo's I won't want to throw into the bin the second I look at them.

Glenn's best friend and his wife came down this weekend (his friends wife, not Glenn's wife - THAT would have been an interesting weekend!) and we played with the BBQ, went to Selfridges, trekked across town to watch the football, not in that order. Krispy Kreme has opened in Selfridges, we were asked if we wanted a free doughnut and then somehow ended up buying 12 - None of us know how this happened, but I am all doughnutted out now, don't care if I never have another one, ooh the lemon curd was nice though, yum!

This is just turning into rambling nonsense now. This always happens, I have great ideas for quite brilliant posts at, like, 3 in the morning, or in the car on the way home from work but now I'm sat here and..... bollocks.

No comments: