Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Aristocats

After some stuff that I had to sit through at work this morning that I am not going to bore you with now, I have hit upon a genius solution to the pet argument Glenn and I have been having.

Now we have our own house we have both been musing about a pet, I favour the independant, low maintenance cat (he hates cats) and he favours the high maintenance but high in reward value dog (I have a dog phobia) so thus far we are at a stalemate. Until now...

We are going to outsource having a pet! Yes, this means that other peoples pets become my pets, I will love them, nurture them , ocassionally assist in the maintaining of them but moreover I will simply pretend that they are my own when I want them to be while letting other people pick up the crap (quite literally in the case of our next door neighbours - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, PICK UP THE POO!).

I think this strategy will work very well until such time as Glenn comes round to my way of thinking visa vi: a cat....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or a snake - or a lizard. extra low maintenance and super cool.